Methodist Health System understands Baby Boomers. You live life large. And aside from a few aches and pains and the occasional over-age-50 medical screening, you’re having a great time. The kids are raised, you’re settled into your career or retired, and you have the time and budget to travel. To help you fully embrace your active lifestyle, we’ve created Boomer U — a free one-day event that shows you simple things you can do now to help keep the joie de vivre in the years to come.
Baby Boomers? It’s an interesting time for this generation. You have no desire to slow down, but you may need help with exercise, nutrition, and health care to stay as active as you’d like. Whether it’s recommendations for managing weight, optimizing nutrition, keeping brains fit, or managing stress, we’re here to help find the best solutions for you.
Boomer U covers a range of topics — from mindful meals and healthy, tasty recipes to yoga and safe, effective fitness training. It’s all about answering questions, and some of the questions we hear over and over again include:
- What are the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and what should I do if I see these in one of my parents?
- Are my memory lapses a simple case of distraction or is something wrong with me?
- What can I eat to take better care of my brain — that the family will like too?
- What kinds of workouts would help me stay fit and active?
- One of my hobbies is eating out! How can I enjoy my favorite restaurants and maintain a healthy diet?
On the agenda for our first Boomer U class:
- Menu samples from local chefs.
- Cooking demonstration of easy-to-prepare meals that also fuel your brain — and you’ll love how they taste!
- Ommm … meditation to help reduce stress.
- Clever ways to maintain memory and keep your mind in top shape.
- Exercises that will break the monotony of your routine and help to improve your brain’s fitness.
- Keynote speaker from the Mayo Clinic. Methodist is the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, and you’ll find out why this is a big deal for you.
We hope you’ll join us on Saturday, June 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Colorado Boulevard at Bishop Avenue, in the Hitt Auditorium. Register now and get ready to have some fun!